English no, Communication si.

Rebekah Scott rebritesaYAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 23 07:53:00 PDT 2004

Good luck walking through the depths of Gallego country, carrying translator designed for Castilian.

You are hiking some of Spain's most glorious pathways, your family is most blessed to have you along, Rosiana. But I think even with their translation devices your non-Spanish relatives are in for a real challenge. The translating is going to fall on you, anyway, because so much of the language used up there is idiomatic to the max!

I hiked part of that trail last year, and even with my (little better than useable) grasp of Spanish I had to communicate with smiles and gestures most of the time.

Again, thank God for the patient, kind people of Galicia! And good luck to you, Rosina.

You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family!

Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, journalista
'The more I learn, the less I know.'