New list member

Rebekah Scott rebritesaYAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 23 07:58:16 PDT 2004

Dear Geri: It's a tough ten days' hiking from Rabanal del Camino to Santiago; most people take at least two weeks from thence. So Sarria sounds like a good place to start...it's sad though, too, as you'll be missing some really wonderful things a mere two days farther back the trail!  It sounds like you're in fine condition for the hike.

Lots of people hike the entire thing in sneakers. But as you're crossing the mountains in October, I'd vote for the hiking boots, as the weather gets iffy up there. Be sure your poncho is totally waterproof; you're going to need it!

And buen Camino. I wish I'd known of your Oaxaca B&B when I was there last year!

Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, journalista
'The more I learn, the less I know.'