[Cfp-interest 2534] Re: CFP review comments on C23 draft N3047

Mike Cowlishaw mfc at speleotrove.com
Sun Aug 14 23:59:22 PDT 2022

Re hyphens, the first of these (7.23.6.1#20 ) in not a case of this:  in
code/macros (or in that case, characters produced by a printf) are indeed
hyphens.  The ASCII code 45 (hex 2D) is a hyphen [see:
https://www.ascii-code.com/].

The other case (H.3#6 2nd sentence) does need fixing  (and also a space).

There are several uses of hyphen in the section I reviewed (5.2.4.2.3), in
macros (e.g., 'minimum exponent').

-----

Separately, I just noticed that in the list my comments don't specific which
section they refer to  (5.2.4.2.3) -- probably because I only put that, and
incorrectly(!), in the Subject of my e-mail 2516.   I suggest adding the
section number to the list.

Mike

  _____