X3J11.1 disbandonment status

Rex Jaeschke uunet!aussie.COM!rex
Wed Jun 23 14:41:38 PDT 1993

Here's an update of merging J11.1 into J11.

In the next couple of weeks I plan to send out a 30-day letter ballot to
all elegible X3J11 members. Accompanying the ballot will be rationale on
why we want to disband J11.1 and have J11 absorb J11.1's charter. Since
J11.1 lives at the pleasure of J11, there is no need for J11.1 to do
anything formal.

We need only a simple majority. Assuming we get that, I will then forward
the ballot results along with a cover letter containing a version of the
rationale, to OMC for their consideration and, hopefully, blessing. I
intend to ask them to delay the disbandenment/merger to Jan 1.  1994. That
way we can continue to run the Dec meetings, mailings, document numbers,
etc., separate, as planned. I see no benefit whatsoever in merging sooner
since we've paid J11.1 dues for the year and with the two meetings split
over two different weeks, trying to make it one meeting creates problems
while solving none.

BTW, I'll be incomunicado July 6-23 at the WG14 meeting in London (plus
vacation).

Rex

(703) 860-0091  |           Rex Jaeschke              | C and C++ Seminars
rexaaussie.com  |        2051 Swans Neck Way          | and Consulting
                |     Reston, Virginia 22091, USA     |