Hawaii meeting hotel update

Rex Jaeschke uunet!aussie.COM!rex
Wed Jun 23 15:08:00 PDT 1993

Today I made a reservation for the December meeting in Hawaii and found
out a few things that will help your's go a bit smoother than mine.

Re Plum's posting:

> Date: Thu, 13 May 93 18:54:28 HST
> From: uunet!plumhall!plum (Thomas Plum)
>
> HOTEL: Kona Hilton, +1-808-329-1111, $73 USD per night.  The hotel has

The correct phone number is +1-808-329-3111, NOT -1111. The name of the
group is ``C Language Group.'' Don't ask for Plum Hall, X3J11, or WG14
since they never heard of these names. You can also get the group rate by
calling +1-800-HILTONS (1-800-445-8667).

I was told that every room now has air conditioning, a refrigerator, and
coffee maker.

The rate is $73 but the computer said $80. Apparently, the $80 includes
taxes. Be sure to check that.

I also priced airfare: Washington DC to Kona return, with mid-week
deparature/return and saturday night stopover, instant purchase,
non-refundable was about $830+ on United Airlines. Regular coach runs
$2,000+! I suggest you plan ahead to get a ``good'' fare 'cos it ain't a
cheap place to get to. Also, the return flights get you to the West coast
mid-evening and the connections to the East coast are ``red eye.'' For
example, the flight to Washington DC arrives at about 6AM. If you stop
over in LA/SF to get a better time connection the next day, you will pay
more for the privilege.

Rex

(703) 860-0091  |           Rex Jaeschke              | C and C++ Seminars
rexaaussie.com  |        2051 Swans Neck Way          | and Consulting
                |     Reston, Virginia 22091, USA     |