Independent consultants as committee members

Rex Jaeschke uunet!aussie.COM!rex
Mon Apr 26 10:03:57 PDT 1993

%----------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the membership categories for X3 technical committees (such as
X3J11 and X3J11.1) is ``Consultant Organization.'' Anyone representing
such an organization is supposed to declare in writing that they are not,
in reality, representing an organization that already has voting
privileges on the same committee.  Obviously, without such a requirement, a
company could really have one direct and an arbitrary number of indirect
voting members.

If you are voting as an independent consultant or as an employee of a
consulting organization, please send something like the following to
CBEMA. The issue was brought to my attention because of my role as a
consultant and my pending nomination as X3J11 chair. CBEMA asked me to
remind the membership as a whole, of this requirement.

%----------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel E. Arnold
X3 Secretariat, CBEMA
1250 Eye Street NW, Suite 200
Washington, DC 20005-3922

Dear Dan,

Regarding X3/SD2 requirements on consultant affiliation:

I declare that my participation in X3J11 and X3J11.1 activities is not
being funded by any organization already having voting membership on those
committees.

Rex

(703) 860-0091  |           Rex Jaeschke              | C and C++ Seminars
rexaaussie.com  |        2051 Swans Neck Way          | and Consulting
                |     Reston, Virginia 22091, USA     |