[Gocamino] Switching to Ourense

Glenn Jilek guha2005 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 21 07:09:58 PST 2011

Rosina wrote:

"I couldn't agree more with the pilgrim who wrote that those intending to walk only the last 100 kms or so would be infinitely better off, and happier walking from Ourense to Santiago (Sarria has become undistinguishable from a carnival). The Camino from Ourense is absolutely lovely in its greenery and rivers.... "

This thought stirred my curiousity...  Where would be the best place to switch from the Camino Frances over to Ourense?  Could I get a convenient bus from Sarria?  or Ponferrada?  I don't have a feel for the distance or time it would take to get from somewhere on the Camino Frances to Ourense.

Anyone have some thoughts on this???

Glenn