[Gocamino] [saintjames] Santiago

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Fri Sep 17 15:10:08 PDT 2010

What is your book about? When, where was it published? Did you get the story, or stories from that old book: "Naughty doings in the Camino"? (Picardias in el Camino). Have you read "Murder and Mayhem in the French Camino"?  (En el Camino Frances to dan gato por res, etc.)
Reading the surprising doings in the Camino that went on and on, one wonders how and why it became as positively sanitized as it is today.
Surprisingly, German pilgrims, as they set off in groups from the albergues in the monasteries and convents in Bavaria today,  tend to wear a sort of loose clothing that is reminiscent of the ancient pilgrims' clothing which, in times past, pilgrims  had to wear to gain admission to albergues and such. That obligatory clothing gave rise, and cover, to a great many of the misdeeds written about.  I wonder why some pilgrims seem to want to revive  the clothing customs.
Hugs!
Rosina