[Gocamino] [saintjames] Santiago

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Fri Sep 17 12:29:48 PDT 2010

Hi there,
It seems to be.  But, somehow, the pictures look better, and the sound is clearer when the original message is forwarded.
Anyway,
Among the points of special interest:  Fidel Castro putting his hand in the Tree of Jesse's hand indentation. (His grandparents hailed from Galicia).
Interesting tidbit:  We all have enjoyed that particular type of cheese sold in Santiago  called "tetilla". Well, if you understand earthly colloquial Spanish you will know what "teta" means ("tetilla" is sort-of a diminutive)
It seems that some church Santiago Cathedral VIPs centuries ago took umbrage at the image of Daniel smiling (salaciously?) while looking in the direction of the breasts of the image of Ester and ordered the breasts filed down to reduce their size. Galicians being Galicians they took revenge on the persnickety action of those clerics by reshaping the market form of their most popular cheese and renaming the units "tetillas".
Oh well!
There are dozens of interesting such bits of information about the structure, images and surroundings of the Cathedral in this outstanding presentation.
Hugs!
Rosina