[Gocamino] [Santiagobis] Re: bed bugs at Rubiaes

Tim tim at errecaldia.com
Mon Oct 11 09:05:44 PDT 2010

Hi one and all,
    Having set this hare running I thought I better had add a comment or
two.  The product I originally posted about  'Clako' uses a very low
level of Pyrethrum as a repellant not an insecticide, it is the same
base as permethrin but the difference is in the percentage of the base
chemical present (.05%/litre).  The makers say that there is no danger
to cats and unless you spray the whole contents of a 125ml bottle
(surely an odd thing to do!) directly into a fish tank there is no
danger to fish.  With regard to the comment about asthma sufferers, I am
one and would be much more worried about the affect of cats on my asthma
than this product.
    From my limited experience with my B & B all I can say is that it
appears to work, has no side effects that I can see and has no
unpleasant odour.
That's all I can tell you.  A question; did I catch somewhere on the
news that Nike had to close their New York store as a result of a bed
bug infection?
Tim