[Gocamino] [saintjames] Re: [Santiagobis] Re: bed bugs at Rubiaes

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 11 12:07:20 PDT 2010

More on Chinches and Permethrin

I found a Website for the 99 cent store "Drop Dead" Permethrin shown in my photo.

http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/Images/Permethrin.jpg

One of their products comes in a spray bottle "Drop Dead Bedbug & Flea Killer", invariably a Permethrin-laced insecticide as well.

http://www.valuesmartproducts.com/dropdead/main.html

Note they also have "Bite Free No DEET Citronella Lotion" that claims to ward off biting insects.

We have several bug-related PDFs archived ...

A study, probably funded by the DEET industry:
http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/PDF/Mosquitoes_And_Mosquito_Repellents.pdf

Flier of use to hospitaleros:
http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/PDF/Chinches_English.pdf

Permethrin toxicity:
http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/PDF/Permethrin.pdf

Permethrin MSDS Safety Sheet:
http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/PDF/Permethrin_MSDS_Sawyer.pdf

Toxicity? An MSDS Sheet?? The phrase “No free lunch” comes to mind. There seems to be some carcinogenic and mutagenic properties attached to permethrin. It does kill stuff, after all. Some people will be more sensitive than others, and of course the studies involved lab rats, not bipedal hominids. I’ll continue to use it. But that's just me. Take a walk on the wild side.

Buen Camino,

Grant

http://www.ElCaminoSantiago.com
Resources for the Pilgrimage Road to Santiago