[Gocamino] Crowds on the Camino

Tim tim at errecaldia.com
Thu Jun 24 05:37:16 PDT 2010

Hi Susan and all,
    As some of you will know I live in St Jean Pied de Port and I can
confirm that the predicted large increase in numbers just hasn't
happened.  The bad weather in April/May and possibly all the publicity
about massive increases in numbers seems to have had a dampening affect
and as of the end of last month numbers were down on last year by 3%.
This may improve as the weather improves but, of course those wanting to
be in Santiago for the last week in July are almost past the point where
it is possible to make it.
Regards to you all.
Tim Proctor