[Gocamino] Noticias desde Santiago

Glenn Jilek guha2005 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 26 08:15:39 PST 2010

While walking the Camino Aragone in 2009 I saw a lot of graffiti condemning the expansion of the Yesa Reservoir, and later signed a petition about it that was circulating through some refugios.  Wasn't the construction of that industrial park around O Pino halted a couple of years ago because of the uproar of Pro Camino people?

With the bad economic times facing Spain, it will be a battle of money and employment vs historical treasures.  I hope and pray that this organization of Camino advocates can succeed because the short term concerns about the economy usually wins those battles.

I will be on the Camino again for almost 7 weeks starting in late April, and I will appreciate every step through this beautiful land more than ever now that I know how threatened it is.

Glenn