[Gocamino] [saintjames] Camino del Cid

Robert Spenger rspenger at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 11 10:47:25 PDT 2010

Accordingly to GoogleEarth, it is 674 miles by the fastest  (but not necessarily the shortest distance) highway route. Even a casual look at the map in that website in Sil's message shows that the route taken by the Camino del Cid is far from being the shortest route. In one part it even makes a complete loop. It looks like it could well be 1700km with no exaggeration. I believe their figures. What I wonder about is the history of their route. My supposition is that they would be following some historically-recorded journey made by El Cid.

Bob S.