[Gocamino] [saintjames] Camino del Cid

Joanie Hess jethess777 at aol.com
Wed Aug 11 10:44:45 PDT 2010

 Hi Javier,

Camino del Cid

 I looked up this camino because it sounded interesting, especially since it can pass through the cities of Zaragoza and Valencia, filled with camino-interest in their own right.  If one looks at a map, yes, it's about 650 km, but the route meanders.  I have pasted below part of an on-line article I found on this path.  So I think our friends here might be planning some very intricate and fruitful wanderings.  Check it out.

http://www.longwalking.com/camino-del-cid/
El Camino del Cid, meanders over 2,000 kilometers (nearly 1,300 miles) with a number of variants and offshoots.  It wanders through eight Spanish provinces, (Burgos, Soria, Guadalajara, Zaragoza, Teruel, Castellón, Valencia and Alicante).   Parts of the trail follow the GR-160, through the Tierras Musulmanas (“the moorish lands”).  The route is largely based on literature and the demi-legend of Rodrigo Diaz, the eleventh century nobleman, warlord and national hero, as portrayed in the epic poem The Cid.

Buen camino,
-Joanie