[Gocamino] Renfre booking problem

Robert Spenger rspenger at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 13 21:13:22 PDT 2009

I logged on to Renfre with:

http://www.renfe.es/

(And also with the Google translation version of that site.)

There was no problem with the starting point, Madrid, but Sarria was
not on the list of destinations available. I did find it on another
site, but that one did not have a booking function. No matter, Lugo is
listed and Sarria is listed on the Madrid-Lugo route as the last stop
just a few minutes before Lugo. I don't know whether or not that would
give a problem if I booked from Madrid to Lugo and then told the
conductor that I wanted to get off in Sarria. But I went ahead and
entered my travel date and accommodation preferences and clicked the
continue button. A  window showed up on the screen that said
"operation in process." I clicked the O.K. in that window and waited
---and waited --- and waited, but finally gave up. That was last
night. Tonight I tried again and this time I got one step further. A
page came up immediately that asked if I wanted a cama for a man or a
woman. I licked on the button for man and clicked on continue. At this
click, the "operation in process" window came up again and I was no
better off than last night, even though there had been a small advance
in the protocol.

Has anyone out there had any experience with this?

Bob S.