[Gocamino] Renfe booking problem

Robert Spenger rspenger at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 13 21:46:06 PDT 2009

One more try brought out this one:

Ref.: G001. |
The process cannot continue right now. We apologise for any
inconvenience

Whatever that means. I also found a site under tripadvisor that gave a
long list of tips for trying to deal with the Renfe site, which they
found to be rather deplorable — as did several people who sent in
comments. One of the  tips was that one should use Microsoft Internet
Explorer, V 6.1 or higher. Since I was using Safari, that might be the
problem. I do have MS IE here on my desktop computer, so I will try
that, but there is also a suggestion that it would be best to be using
Windows. I have that installed on my Mac laptop, but I really hate to
use it. I would have to switch my printer over from this iMac (a
desktop computer) to the laptop and that is quite a nuisance. Note:
the printer is necessary since the tickets have to be printed out.
Also, using Windows on a Mac is not all what it is made out to be.

Again, has anyone had experience with this. My flight is due into
Madrid fairly early in the day and the train doesn't leave until
almost midnight, so I am tempted to just wing it and show up without a
ticket and reservation. I think that I have it right that  the Madrid
station to use for this route is Chamartin. I  don't know how to get
there from the airport, but I assume that I can get a good Metro
connection and maybe even get that scoped out on the net before I get
there — unless the Metro website is as "Alice in
Wonderland" (tripadvisor's words for it) as the Renfe site.

Bob S.