[Gocamino] mail drops/care packages?

Kate Magill kmagill86 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 13:29:12 PDT 2009

Hello,
I am in the final planning stages for my pilgrimage, and I am wondering if
anyone has any advice regarding care packages/food drops. When doing
long-distance hikes in the States, such as the Appalachian Trail, hikers
will often send packages (food, extra toiletries) addressed to themselves
ahead of time to pick up in a particular town on their itinerary. I have
friends who want to send things ahead for me, but I'm not sure where they
ought to send such packages. Is it possible to have a package sent to and
held at any hostels or albergues? Is it better to do this at post offices?
Is this a common practice on el Camino?
Many thanks,
KM