[Gocamino] Walking in the Holy Year

Amy Beckford missamy079 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 14 06:44:54 PST 2009

I have to agree with Tim on this one.  I hiked the Camino during early July, and everything was relatively ideal.  The crowds were manageable, we never called ahead, and we only encountered one occasion of a full albergue.  We found many days to be quite warm, but it wasn't any worse than a summer here in NJ!  Once we hit Galicia, we were even wearing our raincoats to stay warm and dry. While we did meet a fair number of Europeans, we also met several Canadians and Americans at that time of year.  It seemed as if the tide were swelling behind us, and we were ahead of the crowds and the more extreme heat.
Amy