[Gocamino] Difficult Day

Virginia vjpulver at pulverpages.com
Sat Apr 18 07:14:38 PDT 2009

A difficult day indeed.  Life has lessons for each of us and  we
frequently do not know just what form those lessons will take.  Nor can
we guess what we may learn from those lessons.

I begin my Camino soon (flying into Madrid Monday and busing to Pamplona
and points north).  I have been watching the weather forecasts, but I
know they can be misleading or downright inaccurate (case in point: we
had a serious, heavy, wet snowstorm yesterday here in Santa Fe, though
the official forecast indicated 50 degrees and scattered thunder storms!).

Life is like that - we observe, we plan, we set our course and then deal
with the unexpected with as much grace as possible.  I am grateful to
Glenn for sharing his story, for being candid about it all.  He has, no
doubt reminded some of us of our mortality and the fact that mere
mortals make poor choices at times.  And, he has also reminded us that
Life also offers us the protection we need - in the form of people who
respond with compassion rather than reacting with recriminations.

I am also grateful for this forum (and others like it) where pilgrims
can learn from one another and encourage one another.  Life has enough
challenges, so it is refreshing to be among people who help make the
path easier for those who follow behind.

Life is good...

"Ginn"
Snowed In, In Santa Fe