[Gocamino] January and February 2008 pilgbrims

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Thu Mar 27 09:08:19 PDT 2008

Hello you all,
You can read the detailed data, in English, of the pilgrims? who received the Compostela, or certificate, during January and February this year by going to:

www.archicompostela.org/Peregrinos/Ingles/statistics.htm

While the March data are not ready to be posted yet,? I can tell you that the pilgrims office received an average of 650 pilgrims every single day of the just concluded Holy Week.

I can also tell you that the Xunta an d the Archdiocese have allocated 594,269 Euros to renovate the pilgrims' facilities in the "Casa del Dean", the centuries-old building wherein the pilgrims' office is housed. The courtyard will be opened and fitted out to serve as a waiting area for those pilgrims waiting to go up for their Co. There will also be a (free) storage place for up to 300 backpacks and dozens of bicycles.? There will be bathrooms and a sort of information-cum-travel-agency desk (where even bus tickets may be purchased), and an expanded souvenir store. All this is scheduled to be completed by the Summer.

Ah!..... by the way, the actual exchange rate of the Euro (when all is said and done) is about $1.72... and getting worse (for us).? When I was in Vienna in January the Euro was about $1.60, and there was a wide expectation that it would be about 2 dollars by the Summer.? I wonder how they knew.

Hugs!

Rosina?