[Gocamino] Obtaining the credencial in Oporto, Portugal

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 1 15:33:27 PST 2008

Many of us route through Madrid on our way to the Camino. I've gotten my credenciales at the Catedral de la Almudena as I acclimate to Spain. I also seem to get every sello at every bar and verily, I use up more than one credencial. The number two passport I acquire in Roncesvalles or another Camino ciudad .. before that last space has been filled ..

Catedral de la Almudena
Calle de Bailén 8
28013 MADRID (Madrid)
España
Mon-Fri 10:00 - 13:00
Tel +34 (914) 546 422
Fax +34 (915) 427 906

Click for map of Madrid: http://elcaminosantiago.com/PDF/Map_City_Madrid_1.pdf

On the bottom left of the map is an area outlined in red. On the left you see a green area, the Campo del Moro, right next to it is the Palacio Real, just beneath that is the Catedral de la Almudena. There is a door on Calle Bailen for the Arzobispo de Madid. Walk through that door and ask the girl at the reception desk for the guy who does the Credenciales.

Buen Camino,

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com