[Gocamino] [saintjames] Re:Two Sellos per Etapa for a Compostela

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 12 06:54:40 PDT 2007

My, such a hornet’s nest of activity. I am on board with the internalizing
of the Camino and it’s integration into daily life. I am not on board with
anything which may be hurtful to a Camino family member. Rosina is amazingly
candid with us for being such a private person. Her commentary, contacts and
insights are an integral part of the machinery of this forum. Please, let’s
be a bit more sensitive to each other’s feelings.

Was getting a Compostela motivational for me? Yes, I suppose it was. They
are not hanging on my wall, nor are any diplomas, licenses, commendations or
other such materials. Still rolled up in their cardboard tubes from the
Pilgrim Office, they might see the light of day every few years. Just my
way, not that it means anything.

I view the fruits of the Camino as a derivation of the fruits of the Spirit.
At the risk of sounding preachy, in Galatians a list of the fruits of the
flesh include strife and dissensions, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love,
joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness,
self-control …” Let’s opt for the kinder, gentler forum, por favor. Be nice.

Buen Camino,

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com