[Gocamino] 2009 or 2010

Rebekah Scott rebrites at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 14:19:34 PDT 2007

Patrick
The masses are out there, but you´ve got to be plenty
flexible to catch them; and in the wide-open spaces on
the meseta you may have to reconcile yourself to a day
or two without. Priests are few and far between out
here. We share ours with four other parishes!

 If you get caught up in the race to the next albergue
you will always  have to blow out of town before Mass
starts. (it´s at 11:45 a.m. Sunday, just so you know!)
 This happens a lot here in Moratinos. I always invite
whatever pilgrims are outside to join in, but they´re
almost always in a hurry to get somewhere else. Very
few participate, for whatever reason.

I will ask my parish priest about this. There´s gotta
be a listing somewhere... everything else on the
camino is measured and quantified down to the nth
degree by now. It´s a scream when you can instantly
divine the GPS coordinates for the village church, but
no one can figure out when Mass is!

(don´t miss the 8 a.m. mass and/or the 7 p.m. vespers
and pilgrim blessing at the Madres Benedictinas
convent in Sahagun, right by the arco. They have an
albergue, too, in summer... it´s one of Sahagun´s
sweetest and best-kept secrets.)

buen camino, and see ya in 2009!
rebekah

Rebekah Scott