[Gocamino] Via de la Plata

Glenn Guha2005 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 17 12:19:42 PDT 2007

Sil wrote: "For me its richest blessings are the pilgrims who walk it and the
people who care for them."

I so totally agree.  Each of my 2 Camino Frances I met people whom I will never forget and from whom I learned so much.  I would like to walk the Via de la Plata, but I have to admit, that I am concerned that there are not enough pilgrims there (Yet) to have the same feeling of fellowship.  I know that there is much to see, and I enjoy walking alone, but as Sil said, the times resting at the bars and the evenings of sharing at the refugios were so precious.  What times of the year would there be the most pilgrims walking The Via de la Plata route?  Also are there enough refugios to minimize staying at hotels or hostels?  The rate the US dollar is falling, staying for many days at a hotel could be prohibitively expensive.

Glenn