[Gocamino] Canonization of martyrs

Hathor821 at aol.com Hathor821 at aol.com
Tue Oct 16 20:02:39 PDT 2007

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....interesting topic.

Would  I be canonized by the Vatican if I die in a  fight defending my mouth
from being kissed while doing my Camino?

I am not attacking any particular race of nationality here but it was
evident to me that dental daily maintenance is still a foreign concept to many,  in
Spain.  I have more patience understanding and accepting this in the old  but
I don't have the same feelings of tolerance for the youth.   Granted, the
majority of all of them smoke, but come on......is the twice daily  brushing of
the teeth for many a weekend event in Spain?  The only well  kept mouths I saw
during my Camino were in TV....when I had the opportunity, by  sheer chance, to
be watching TV; I am sure the well to do have beautiful mouths,  too.

A well versed Spaniard who walked with us....(he is the pilgrim who smokes)
told me that although with all the advances in Social Medicine in Spain,
dental  services are not covered by the National Insurance but that if you happen
to  wish to have a sex change operation and you happen to be a resident of the
Southern Provinces, the Health Department of the region pays for the sex
change  operation and all the stuff that needs to happen  before and after the
surgery....hormones, mental therapy and so forth.

 I think that Spain, a country I love to visit, has skipped a  few centuries
from the XVII Century to today.  When it comes to  electricity and plumbing,
my beloved Spaniards have really gotten very  confused!! and no better place
to see this disparity than in the albergues and  pensions.

My Camino friend from Austin (she is a dentist)  run out of  Dental Floss and
later commented to me that it was difficult to find  it and  that when she
did, it was very expensive.  Her own survey  of the usage of dental floss
resulted, I think, that l00% of those asked had  never used it.

And....while in Alicante observing the crowds that got in the bus and
observing their teeth, I thought....''If I have to be in a position where I have
the choice to be raped or to be kissed, I would opt for the rape rather than the
 kiss'' ---plllllllllllllls it is joke!

Patricia de Miami

 See what's new at _AOL_ (http://www.aol.com/?NCID=AOLCMP00300000001170)