[Gocamino] Eunate

Renato Alvarado Vidal machi at telsur.cl
Fri Oct 5 10:14:13 PDT 2007

> Cuando divises el edificio de la iglesia de Eunate, te detienes
> para contemplarlo y dejarte impresionar. Te acercas a él despacio.
> Antes de entrar en la arcada que lo rodea te descabalgas la mochila
> y te descalzas.

Dear friends, when I arrived to Eunate I was certainly impresed,
indeed; such a beautiful and ancient building, there at a cross-
roads, not into a village...I took off my backpack, but, as I go
always barefoot, I had no sandals to remove :-) The real schok was in
the inside: There had been no one outside the chapel, but there was a
crowd inside, there was a mass going on, a real latin preconcilliary
mass, only difference was the priests (3) facing the crowd, but all
the rest was medieval liturgy, including two swinging butafumeiros
producing a lot of fragant smoke.
	Once getting out, I started looking for a calendar, it was a direct
inmersion in time, it could have been 12th century, 11th or 13th
perhaps?
	Fond remembrance of Eunate, templarian or not.
	From the green shores of springtime

	Machi