[Gocamino] USA Confraternity - OK to mention God?

HMe347 at aol.com HMe347 at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 11:01:46 PDT 2007

In a message dated 10/1/2007 2:31:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gaspangler at hotmail.com writes:

I have  pondered why some wish the
Camino be divorced from it's spiritual and/or  religious roots. Perhaps from
a sense of misguided self-righteousness, who  can say? There seems to be a
smug and indulgent intolerance  nonetheless.

Grant

Why must you persist in jamming your religious zeal and fervor down our
throats?  Can't you understand that there may be a Camino experience based  on
historical and cultural considerations?  You are guilty of the  intolerance that
you decry.

Here are  a few PDFs for Pilgrim consumption  …

http://ElCaminoSantiago.com/PDF/Bible_ASB_New_Testament.pdf
http://ElCaminoSantiago.com/PDF/Bible_ASB_Old_Testament.pdf
http://ElCaminoSantiago.com/PDF/Bible_Darby_New_Testament.pdf
http://ElCaminoSantiago.com/PDF/Bible_Darby_Old_Testament.pdf
http://ElCaminoSantiago.com/PDF/Bible_KJV_New_Testament.pdf
http://ElCaminoSantiago.com/PDF/Bible_KJV_Old_Testament.pdf
http://ElCaminoSantiago.com/PDF/Bible_Youngs_New_Testament.pdf
http://ElCaminoSantiago.com/PDF/Bible_Youngs_Old_Testament.pdf
http://ElCaminoSantiago.com/PDF/Bible_Latin_Vulgate.pdf
http://ElCaminoSantiago.com/PDF/Bible_Spanish.pdf
http://ElCaminoSantiago.com/PDF/The_Pilgrims_Progress.pdf
http://ElCaminoSantiago.com/PDF/The_Practice_Of_The_Presence_Of_God.pdf

And  some really great Bible software with all the major EU languages
supported.

There are 10 English translations, and one each of  French, German, Italian,
Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, the Latin Vulgate,  plus Greek New and Hebrew Old

Testaments.

http://ElCaminoSantiago.com/Downloads/The_Word.zip

This is the last place I would expect religious proselytizing.  I  think most
of us can get our hands on the Bible or Bible software without your  telling
us how.  After all it is the most popular book in history.

Even if one were totally ignorant of where to find the Bible, you  could
still find a copy in most hotel rooms right next to your bed. Don't  you Bible
wavers and thumpers have anything better to do?  Give me a  break!

Howard Mendes, NYC