[Gocamino] Thanks and a favor

Linda McInnis mrfsealah at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 18:31:54 PDT 2007

This is an interesting topic.  I just returned from walking the Camino starting in St. Jean to just beyond Burgos, where my feet gave out on me, and I had to return a few weeks earlier than anticipated.  For me, this walk was physically more demanding than I had expected, especially at the beginning.  Plus the daily routine of getting ready to leave the albergues, then the routine of arriving, etc. didn't leave much time for spiritual contemplation, etc.  I thought perhaps that might come with the walking itself, but after a few weeks, that was supplanted by, quite literally, the agony of the feet.  However, all that said, I would not change one minute of the trip, and I definitely want to come back with better boots, in better condition, and finish what I started.  Plus, the people I met, both pilgrim and non-pilgrim, the help I received from so many people, the sense of community and family from everyone on the Road, all those things alone imbued this journey with its own unique type of spirituality that crossed all boundaries and barriers of religious teaching and/or dogma.  I am amazed and humbled by this experience.

Many blessings,

Linda in Colorado