[Gocamino] transbagages

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Sat May 5 09:55:49 PDT 2007

Hi,
In Spain, through the various routes that I have walked, I simply send my backpack ahead by taxi (for about 3 or 4 Euros) and walk with a light day-pack which contains only things that will be needed for a couple of days.  Usually I make reservations at an inn or pension in the town that I will reach in two or three walking days and send the back-pack there.
A life-long insomniac, I wake up two or three times during the night to do some reading.... which cannot be done in albergues. Also, by being assured of a place to sleep I needn't rush to get anywhere and can walk in the late afternoon which I like to do very much.
At first I was not comfortable entrusting my backpack to unknown taxi drivers, but I've learned that they are quite trustworthy and that many, many other pilgrims trust them in the same manner.
Regards,
Rosina