[Gocamino] Fw: Post this to the list

Javier Martin javier2147 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 05:51:04 PDT 2007

Hi, Devon.

I've walked several times Astorga-Santiago in between 9-10 days. As Jeff
says, to walk Leon - Astorga yo will need another two days.

I would try before flying to Spain to walk couple of times 12-15 miles with
your weighted back pack. But, the most important, wear the same boots you
are going to wear on the Camino. To prevent ampollas.

Don't wear jeans. When it's raining it becomes very wet and weights a lot.
And it need many time to dry.

About weather, it's not impossible to find snow on the Monte Irago and the
Cebreiro. And can be quite warm, too. Or both. Don't worry for cold weather,
when you are walking your body is always warmer than usual

Sorry for my poor english and Buen Camino

Javier Martín
Madrid, Spain.