[Gocamino] Solitude on the Via de la Plata

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Sat Jun 16 17:45:29 PDT 2007

Taxis are certainly  an open option to be considered.
But I found buses to be frequent, to everywhere, comfortable, inexpensive, and a wonderful way to meet local "commuters" who reveal to pilgrims regional treasures otherwise not known.
Whether you are waiting at the bus station, or on your way, "locals" know all about pilgrim albergues, restaurants, food stores and so on; their domestic political and social beefs seem to be put aside when they talk to us, pilgrims, come from foreign, far-away, lands to theirs, for reasons not modernly clear.
A fellow bus-rider from Zamora once mused aloud that we pilgrims  must have an idea of what sent those Biblical Magi on their pilgrimage twenty centuries ago..
I suppose that, yes,  we  do.