[Gocamino] Solitude on the Via de la Plata

Rebekah Scott rebrites at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 01:51:41 PDT 2007

So happy to see Richard found so many answers to his
initial query. This board is SUCH a resource, and the
practical trail info. is updated with each new
subscriber.

It's also really good to see the Via de la Plata is
becoming so much more user-friendly. A scant 4 years
ago it was a tough go for us with 22K capacities!

I'm off to Zamora this week with my neighbor, who's
taking an exam there to become an elementary school
English teacher! She'll take several hours...giving me
lots of wandering time in this lovely place. It's been
a good ten years since I explored there; I will let
Rosina and Rough Guide be my 'fremdenfuhrers."
 (I did a long stay in the backwaters of Extremadura
way back then, and I know the place has catapulted
itself out of its sleepiness in years since. There are
some really cool things to see just off the Via de la
Plata, too... Placencia being one of those!)

Buen Camino!
Reb, roofless in the rain

Rebekah Scott
www.moratinoslife.blogspot.com