[Gocamino] Le Puy route

Pat Rush patrush1 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 12 23:41:09 PDT 2007

  I walked from LePuy to Conques last September; the hostels were crowded and the closer we got to Conques the harder it was to find space, even a day or two in advance.  The route, the GR 65, is a sport route as well as the pilgrimage route.  It is well marked, but some of the descents were challenging.  The route crosses the river valleys, rather than following them, so there are many ups and downs.  We had one day of driving rain, so the descent into Conques took great care.  I found my walking sticks to be invaluable for stability and safety on those descents.  The route, at least to Conques, is spectacular, however, and worth the effort.
  Patricia, upstate NY

Lori Volding <lvolding at hotmail.com> wrote:
  Hello everyone,

I have found this sight rather enlightening and helpful since I have joined
last February. Many thanks!

In 11 days I will be departing from my home state to start my pilgrimage
journey. I had planned to begin in SJPP, however, now I am considering a
starting point on the Le Puy route.

I would appreciate any suggestions, comments, pros/cons to this route
leading to SJPP. My time frame is one month, and I have learned that I am
not interested in setting fixed distant goals for myself; I am open. Le Puy
has most recently sparked my interest after learning about an international
spiritual center that I believe is run by the Sisters of St. Joseph and had
just opened in the Fall of 2006.

Lori