[Gocamino] Health issues on the Caminos

c.c.rushassociates c.c.rushassociates at verizon.net
Sat Feb 24 11:06:42 PST 2007

Hello to all--Spain and France are first world countries with excellent medical systems and very well trained physicians.  I have personal experience of this excellent care in France, where I had what turned out to be a minor but annoying health problem.  I know that both countries substiantially subsidize health care, and even not knowing the language shouldn't be a real obstacle if one needs to see a doctor.  Most educated people know some English, and we of course should know some Spanish and/or French before we go.

Seeing one's own physician before departure is a really good idea if one has ongoing medical issues.

Patricia, upstate New York