[Gocamino] blood tests and procrit for pilgrim in camino...pls need help....

Hathor821 at aol.com Hathor821 at aol.com
Sat Feb 24 08:09:06 PST 2007

>From a pilgrim....need your suggestions please

hola,
i will be walking starting in Saint Jean Pied de Port in mid august.
Here at home every 2 weeks i get a blood test (CBC), and if i am
anemic  (hematocrit less than 37), my doctors office gives me a shot of
Procrit  (erythropoitin)Pr
I can give myself the shots; the problem is that the  Procrit is a very
delicate molecule, so the little vials of liquid have to  be kept
refrigerated.
Any suggestions? How difficult would it be to get  a blood test along
the way? and the Procrit? Procrit is a very expensive  drug. My
insurance covers it here in the USA, but i don't know how i could  keep
it cold if i carried it with me.
Martha

http://www.aol.com.