[Gocamino] Fwd: A Traveler's Highway to Heaven

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 08:55:58 PST 2007

....... ALSO,
To obtain the Compostela a pilgrima will need to have walked (or bicycled or ridden) THE LAST CONTINUOUS 100, (or 200)  kms. ENDING in Santiago.  To walk the kilometers here and there adding to the required number will not do...... as too many pilgrims find out when they try to get a Compostela after having done so.
The requirements for the Compostela date back hundreds and hundreds of years.  To be granted one the purpose of the pilgrimage must have been "pietatis causa", that is, for spiritual, self-reflective reasons seeking to elevate the soul.
Regards,
Rosina