[Gocamino] Fwd:  A Traveler's Highway to Heaven

Jethess777 at aol.com Jethess777 at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 20:08:45 PST 2007

Patricia,
I actually met a woman living in the Navarro region of Spain who completed
the camino and talked about receiving a "scallop shell."   This was over summer
of the year 2000, and she had completed her camino over several months,
walking in both directions.   I have no idea where her start point was and she told
us that she had completed her camino several years prior to that the time we
spoke to her.   Lovely young woman who spoke about 5 languages.   I was
thinking she did her camino some year between 1990 to 1994, but I could be wrong.
She appeared to young to have done it much before then and was involved in
multiple jobs that included some historical research.
I am certain about how she spoke about "the scallop shell" because I was
surprised to find that the it was just about like an ordinary souvenir.   I was
thinking that the shell was some sort of old version of proof that one completed
the camino, but have no data to verify or prove otherwise