[Gocamino] The Via de la Plata in September and October

Nobody really nevhyn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 08:32:43 PDT 2007

Haven't read this listserv in moons and the first time I open one, I see a
couple of individuals opining about walking in September and October.

I set out from Sevilla last September 29th, arriving in Santiago five weeks
later.  Very hot when making your way out of Andalucia and through
Extremadura, be prepared for days above 30 degrees Celsius.  Also, by the
time you reach Caceres, there will be rain and it will increase as you move
forward.  In other words, take clothes for all seasons.

A much more solitary route than the Camino Frances, there will be days on
the Camino and nights in the albergues where you won't see anyone, won't run
into anyone else.  I had days of companionship and solitariness both; and
welcomed both.  I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Buen Camino.

- Nev