[Gocamino] Breaking up that first day...

Wes & Rita wesrita at comcast.net
Mon Aug 27 06:38:08 PDT 2007

We are reading in  the Confraternity of St. James Guide to the Camino Frances that there is a place to stay about 5km beyond Honto (the Refuge-Auberge Orisson).   Has anyone heard of or, better yet, stayed there?   We will have been traveling one whole day to get to Boston, all night to Madrid, and then another day of travel to Pamplona, then Roncesvalles, and finally to SJPP.  We are thinking it would be wonderful to break up the first day's walk to Roncesvalles with an overnight 10km from STPP.  We will be asking about it at the Tourist Information in STPP but does anyone from gocamino have any wisdom for us?  Should we try to figure out how to contact the Refuge-Auberge Orisson before we get to SJPP?

One and a half weeks to go and counting!

Rita and Wes