[Gocamino] Planning to "Walk in a Relaxed Manner'

Renato Alvarado Vidal machi at telsur.cl
Mon Aug 20 05:48:39 PDT 2007

El 20/08/2007, a las 2:06, Sil escribió:

> Machi - I would love to 'massage mother earth' with my bare feet
> but I am
> not brave enough to try!
> Dios les bendiga,
> Sil

	Dear Sil, I'm happy that you'll be on El Camino again, and I think
it's wise that you don't put the whole pilgrimage in jeopardy,
risking an injure in the morning of the first day. Anyway, I think
it's worthwhile to give barefooting a try; boots are insulators,
imagine it like earplugs, you'll never know that birds sing along the
way. I think you should give it a try when you arrive to Santiago,
perhaps at Monte do Gozo, and then if the wind blows you to Finisterre.
	By the way, that is what some friends that I had made along the way,
were planning to do on arriving. The idea was a group of peregrinos
descalzos arriving together to Plaza do Obradoiro. The plan failed
because after Arca o Pino I run amok, I started to sing themes from
the Rolling Stones, and when sung "The Salt of the Earth" I went
crazy and did the last journey singing and dancing at too much speed,
so I arrived to Santiago much in advance and in the company of
another fellow pilgrim :-)

> I have no lofty expectations of this camino.  No search for the
> Holy Grail,
> no burning angst, no unresolved issues.  I just want to 'be' so
> that (as in
> an ancient Hasidic prayer) I can feel the 'Holy Fire' from all that
> surrounds me.

	I think this is a fantastic way to go! I have made long walks with a
task in the past, looking for an answer, and it has been great; El
Camino works wonders in this field too, my 22 years old son that did
it this year, came back with his mind much clarified, so he got back
to Medicine School and went to live with his loved one! But I prefer
to go empty, so anything that is there, can get inside.

	¡Muy Buen Camino,Sil! ¡Toda la felicidad del mundo!

	Machi