[Gocamino] Planning to "Walk in a Relaxed Manner'

Sil sillydoll at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 23:06:49 PDT 2007

I've been singing "My bags are packed and I'm ready to go...."
Will be in Roncesvalles on Wednesday and will start walking Thursday
morning.
I have no lofty expectations of this camino.  No search for the Holy Grail,
no burning angst, no unresolved issues.  I just want to 'be' so that (as in
an ancient Hasidic prayer) I can feel the 'Holy Fire' from all that
surrounds me.
I have a couple of really pleasant duties this time.  I will be delivering a
brag book photo albumn to Maria Theodora (Felisa Rodriguez' daughter) filled
with photos of her mother taken by pilgrims before she passed away in 2002
at the age of 92.
I also have an albumn for Tomas at Manjarin as well as a wooden Tau made by
a community workshop at a monastery near my home.
I have a photograph of a pilgrim taken next to a huge old tree on the way up
to O'Cebreiro which he wants placed under a large rock in the photograph.
I have a memorial photograph of a special peregrino which I will be nailing
to a post outside Carrion de Los Condes.
This time we will do a tour of Roncesvalles - stay at the Eunate albergue -
visit Santo Domingo de Silos - climb up to the castle at Castrojeriz - stay
up until mid-night when they switch the lights on inside the cathedral at
Leon - visit the relics at Oviedo - and do a nocturnal tour of Santiago.
Machi - I would love to 'massage mother earth' with my bare feet but I am
not brave enough to try!
Dios les bendiga,
Sil