[Gocamino] July and august pilgrims' statistics

blaroli@aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Tue Oct 10 10:37:24 PDT 2006

 Hello you all,
The pilgrims' statistics for July and August are now available in the Archdiocese web page. While they are only posted in Spanish, I'm sure that they can be readily understood by any of us.  If any of you would like a literal translation of the data, just let me know and I'll be glad to do it.
As you will see, the 18,519 pilgrims that merited a Compostela in July were a couple of hundred less than the July pilgrims last year, however, the 25,888 pilgrims that received the Compostela in August were over a thousand more than last year.
It surprises me somewhat to read that the greatest number of foreign pilgrims were from Germany; when I was there at the end of August the place was awash with Italian pilgrims.
To read the data, go to:
                                     www.archicompostela.org
When the "portal" page comes up, press on the small multicolored shell at the center of the page near the top; on the next page press on the Spanish flag, and on the next page press on "Estadisticas" at the bottom of the page. When that comes up just press, separately, on "Julio" and "Agosto".

---(As most of us know, the month of July was inserted into the erstwhile 10-month Roman calendar to honor Julius Caesar, and the month of August was inserted to honor Augustus.  Curiously, the otherwise super efficient Romans never got around to correcting the rest of the calendar, with the result that today the named seventh month, september, is actually the ninth, the named eight, october,  the tenth, the named ninth, november,  the eleventh and the named tenth, december,  the twelfth. Oh well....)---

Big hug!
Rosina