[Gocamino] Now Lice???

Pat Rush PatRush1 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 10 16:28:09 PDT 2006

Dear All--I have read that bedbugs are endemic, and epidemic, in US hotels,
especially in New York.  Possibly the epidemic is now worldwide.  I don't
know about lice, however, although they run rampant through little
children's heads in kindergarden and first grade here.  I suspect the
problem has always been with us.  I used a lightweight sleeping bag in Spain
last summer, and a silk sleep sack this year in France, and had no problems.
That may be the best defense against the critters.  The silk bags can be
bought in the pillow version, with an envelope at the top into which a
pillow can be inserted.

I know that late in the season a certain "pilgrim fatigue" sets in at some
of the refugios; can you imagine trying to stay ahead of 25,000 bodies?

Best to all, Patricia from upstate New York