[Gocamino] Diabetes; new Camino book; video

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 12 20:25:36 PST 2006

Eating right is part of the diabetic's constant challenge. I am not
diabetic, but have taken the glycemic index of foods into consideration for
a number of years. David Mendosa has a Website which feaures a number of
useful thigs for diabetics. Find him at http://www.mendosa.com/ . He had
compiled an extensive list of foods and the reultant glycemic load of each
which I was very impressed with. I turned it into a PDF and sent it back to
him. He in turn posted the PDF for the access of all. I have a backup copy
hidden away in the Gigs of Archivos del Camino. Click here for your copy:
http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/PDF/Glycemic_Index.pdf . He also references
a book about traveling with diabetes, http://www.diabetictraveltales.com/ .
I met a young diabetic woman who was traveling through Spain with her
boyfriend. I marveled at her gumption, as well as  getting through customs
with all those hypodermics and vials. Just about anything is possible if you
set your mind to it.

Salud, Amor y Camino,

Grant

Grant Spangler