[Gocamino] Yellow Arrow "Dumped"

Glenn Guha2005 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 10 07:51:39 PDT 2006

Patricia and all,
I was disturbed to hear of your experience.  Was this during the summer?  My one and only Camino (so far) was such a wonderful experience, and the vast majority of the people I met were great people.  I started May 4th of 2005.  The only things that made me think about people abusing the Camino were the tourist bus pilgrims and later on the groups of college aged pilgrims who seemed to me to be there as a social activity.  Admittedly I do not know what was in their hearts.
I thought the statement from the wonderful hospitalera in Murias upon serving dinner was great....She said "pay what you think this is all worth to you."  It certainly made me think, and I wonder how that statement effected her donation box. (Maybe that should be written in various languages over all donation boxes.)
If the infrastructure of the Camino collapses because of a lack of consideration and abuse, maybe that is a natural cycle of death and renewal.  When things become less comfortable, only the very determined pilgrims will use it and it will grow again.  One thing for sure, The Camino will always be there in one form or another.
  Glenn