[Gocamino] Yellow Arrow "Dumped"

James Eyskens jeyskens at austin.rr.com
Sat Jun 10 07:49:42 PDT 2006

Reasons for pilgrimage are as varied as the pilgrims themselves.  I
started out as a 'tourist' but ended up walking for spiritual reasons.
It was the same in the middle ages.  Many looked on the pilgrimage as an
excuse for a vacation.  You might be interested in 'Jonathan
Sumption-Pilgrimage' which goes into the medieval experience at length.

Buen Camino

Jim