[Gocamino] Yellow Arrow "Dumped"

Pat Rush PatRush1 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 10 10:47:45 PDT 2006

Hello all, especially Patricia in Florida from Patricia in New York--my comments about the collapse of the system to house and feed pilgrims on the Camino Frances refers only to the crowds.  I walked the Camino Frances last September, and west of Punta La Reina I found packed refugios, full at 2 p.m. on some days.  I cannot imagine what the crowds must be like in July and August.

I encountered many, many wonderful people, both pilgrims and locals.  I also met some stinkers.  The pilgrimage for me was like the broad complex tapestry of humanity, frequently reduced to the very simplest of needs, for food, a bed, a drink of water.  I do believe that people walk the Camino for as many reasons as there are people.  And, sometimes the reasons change as individuals experience the pilgrimage.  I must say that in my experience not all of religiously-motivated pilgrims were necessarily folks I wanted to be around.  And, those I met who were walking for purely secular reasons were great company.  But, we all have different experiences, and we are all different.

Patricia (upstate New York)