[Gocamino] FW: Pilgrim Gathering March 31-April 2

Sue Kenney sue.kenney at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 26 13:58:03 PST 2006

Richard.

I have been to two of the Gatherings. Virginia in 2002, just after I
returned from my first Camino. I took my mom and we were the only Canadians
there that year. And I was a part of the local team that contributed to
organizing the Toronto Gathering last May. I didn't know anyone the first
time I went and found great comfort in hearing stories, learning more about
the history and meeting other pilgrims so soon after my return home from the
Camino that December. At that time, I felt completely lost and unsure what
to do with my life. I had done very little research and didn't know anyone
who had walked this path and it was the people at this gathering who gave me
the feeling I wasn't alone. I learned about things I couldn't have imagined.

Last year's Gatheirng was truly a magical experience. Since I have now
walked 4 times in total, I know more pilgrims and a lot more about the
Camino itself. I was able to share my past experiences with others by
leading workshops. There were workshops on planning different walks,
learning how to cope with the return back home, historical talks, spiritual
focus, equipment and much more. I also took the Hospitelero training that
was offered so one day I can give back to the pilgrims on the Camino too.

I would highly recommend going if you are able. Unfortunately it's too far
and out of
my budget to go this year. Hopefully next year I'll be there.

Sue