[Gocamino] FW: Pilgrim Gathering March 31-April 2

Macy, Zita ZMacy at cbnorcal.com
Tue Jan 24 17:19:41 PST 2006

Hi Richard,

I have been to most of the Gatherings over the past 8 years and am on
the organizing committee for this one.  There are many people who have
attended anywhere from one to eight of them.  It is a wonderful
combination of interesting presentations, useful workshops and time to
hear and share stories.  I understand what you mean about not
necessarily knowing anyone from your own Camino, but it is very
interesting to meet new folks with a common experience...I have recently
been thinking about, and been grateful for, the new friends I have made
because of the Camino...but not on it...a bit like being on the Camino
itself.  I have included in this email a more extensive description of
the upcoming Gathering.  I hope that helps some.   I'd be happy to send
more information or answer any of your questions.

Zita Macy

American Pilgrims on the Camino
Ninth Annual Gathering of Pilgrims
Chautauqua Park
 Boulder, Colorado
March 31-April 4, 2006

Dear Fellow and Future Pilgrims,

Once again it is our pleasure to announce a Gathering of Pilgrims.  This
gathering, our 9th, will take place in the picturesque town of Boulder,
Colorado.  The beautifully preserved arts and crafts style buildings at
historic Chautauqua Park provide an atmosphere of warmth and
hospitality.  Easy access to paths, incredible vistas, and the magical,
intriguing Boulder Flatirons create an inspiring atmosphere conducive to
reflection and introspection.

Our program will cover a variety of topics: some tried and true
favorites --- some new features.  For those pilgrims who have ever
entertained the idea of writing a book about the Camino, there will be a
special pre-meeting, "how-to" workshop Friday morning led by experienced
Camino author,  Elyn Aviva, (Following the Milky Way: A Pilgrimage on
the Camino de Santiago, and other Camino-related books) and her husband,
Gary White, head of Pilgrims Process, inc. For the novice pilgrim, there
will be a special two hour informational workshop led by veteran pilgrim
Tom Gabriele, also Friday morning.  Back by popular demand, Daniel DeKay
will offer a workshop on First Aid for Pilgrims on Friday afternoon.

 Several noteworthy pilgrims will grace this year's gathering.  Among
those making presentations will be Marion Marples, Secretary of the
Confraternity of St. James, England, who will share some of her many
fascinating observations relating to the activities of the Confraternity
and the Camino.  Also, Mary Victoria Wallis, author of Among the
Pilgrims: Journeys to Santiago de Compostela, will talk to us about
meaning and transformation that comes from the small but slightly
startling moments of encounter with nature and other people along the
way.  If you visit www.americanpilgrims.com you will no doubt recognize
the name Eldor Pederson, a regular on-line columnist covering topics
ranging from Camino music to sheep, medieval feasts to food along the
route.  Here's your chance to meet the man in person.

Following the regular meeting, we have planned an additional, two-day
retreat for returning pilgrims led by Cedar Barstow and Ali Galm.  Both
are experienced group leaders with backgrounds in contemplative
spiritual practice, psychotherapy, ceremonial arts and storytelling.
Using these techniques, participants will continue the re-integration
process, exploring and deepening the spiritual aspects of their
pilgrimage experience.

Equally important, there will be time for reconnecting with old friends,
sharing stories with other pilgrims and meeting new people who
understand the unique and life-changing experience of the Camino de
Santiago.   In addition to your stories, we encourage you to bring items
you have collected (relics, music, sculpture, carvings, etc) or created
(stories, books, poems, art, photography) that have particular meaning
for you.  There will be a special place for these to be displayed and
shared.

All meetings and meals will be at the Chautauqua.   Please see attached
information regarding accommodations, transportation, and links to more
information.

We look forward to seeing you in beautiful Boulder Colorado.

The Gathering Committee

 Lin Galea    Kathy Gower    Zita Macy